|Sensata > About
> Press Room >
Company Fact Sheet|
Company Fact Sheet
Sensata Technologies is a world leader andearly innovator in mission-critical sensors andcontrols. On average, Sensata manufacturesover 17,000 different products and ships 1.4 billion units a year under the Sensatabrand and more than 12 other familiar brand names.
Our devices are used in automotive, appliance,
aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle,
heating, air conditioning, data and
telecommunications, recreational vehicle and
marine applications and help satisfy the world’s
growing need for safety, energy efficiency and a
clean environment, improving safety, efficiency
and comfort for millions of people every day.
Our devices improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day.
|Two Major Business Segments|
Sensing Solutions: a major player in worldwide electrical and power protection industries.
Performance Sensing: a market leader in automotive, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and industrial markets.
|2016 REVENUES: $3.2 BILLION
Revenues by Region
Business centers and manufacturing sites in 13 countries, plus sales and marketing offices worldwide.
20,300 employees worldwide as of December 31, 2016
- 1916: We got our start when businessman RathbunWillard founded the General Plate Company in Attleboro, MA to provide gold plate to the Rhode Island jewelry industry
- 1931: General Plate merged with Spencer Thermostat Company to create the Metals and Controls Corp
- 1959: We merged with Texas Instruments (TI) and became a new TI division
- 2006: We were reborn as a private company named Sensata Technologies; acquired First Technology
- 2007: Acquired AirpaxHoldings and its four operating units
- 2010: Held our Initial Public Offering (IPO); began trading on NYSE under “ST”
- 2011: Bought Honeywell’s “Automotive on Board” Sensors business and ElexGroup’s Sensor-NITE
- 2012: We acquired Wells-CTI test socket and thermal control product lines
- 2014: We acquired Wabash Technologies, DeltaTech Controls and Schrader International
- 2015: We acquired Custom Sensors & Technologies’ sensing portfolio.
- 2016: Celebrated Sensata’s Centennial.100 years of improving safety, efficiencyand comfort for millions of people.